Hello Dolly is a WordPress plugin that claims to help you create better blog content. It does this by suggesting topics for your next post based on what’s trending in the world of social media.
Hello Dolly can be helpful if you’re looking for an idea or inspiration, but it might not always be appropriate because it relies heavily on outside sources and trends. Do we keep the Hello Dolly Plugin installed? Is there another alternative? Let’s find out!
What is the Hello Dolly Plugin?
Hello Dolly is a simple WordPress plugin that comes pre-installed in WordPress. It helps you write blog posts faster. It does this by suggesting headlines based on what’s trending in the world of social media.
Hello Dolly is a great tool for bloggers who are looking for content ideas. It draws content from trending topics and other sources on the internet.
What are the good things about Hello Dolly?
- Helps to generate ideas quickly.
- Works with other plugins like Yoast SEO.
- Helpful when researching new topics.
- Helpful in managing WordPress comment system.
Are there any drawbacks to using the Hello Dolly Plugin?
Yes. Hello Dolly Plugin has some drawbacks. The plugin can be a little annoying. Hello Dolly may not always suggest the best headline for your blog post. And, it’s not very helpful when trying to write about something specific.
Should we keep the Hello Dolly plugin?
I would recommend deleting this WordPress plugin from your website because of these drawbacks:
- While useful at times, it has some pitfalls that make it troublesome overall.
- It is only available for an annual fee; if you have a free version of WordPress then this isn’t right for you and you will need to delete the plugin manually.
History of The Hello Dolly WordPress Plugin:
Hello Dolly plugin was created by Matt Mullenweg, co-founder of WordPress in 2004. It has active installations over 800,000 times and it is available on WordPress as a free version and usually comes pre-installed in WordPress.
How to Delete Hello Dolly Plugin from WordPress Dashboard?
- Open the WordPress dashboard and click on Hello Dolly Plugin.
- Click on ‘uninstall’ under settings.
How to Delete Hello Dolly Plugin via FTP?
- If you do not have access to your WordPress admin, then I would recommend downloading an FTP program such as Filezilla (I’ll write a blog post about this soon).
- Now connect to WordPress with the username and password from the previous step.
- In the left side window go into /wp-content/plugins. Then find the hello_dolly folder in the plugins directory.
- In right-side windows delete that file by selecting it, clicking the “delete” button near the top of the screen, confirming deletion with “yes”.
- Finally, make sure all files are deleted by going back over them.
Hello Dolly Plugin Alternatives
There are many better Hello Dolly WordPress Plugin alternatives out there, but I would recommend Hello Simpsons Chalkboard Gag. It’s the best Hello Dolly WordPress Plugin alternative on the market.
- It has more features than the Hello Dolly Plugin.
- Better customer service in case you have any trouble or questions about how to use it etc.
In the end, the Hello Dolly WordPress Plugin is not worth keeping. It’s a waste of time and effort, so it would be better to delete the Hello Dolly Plugin from your website entirely.
The Hello Dolly WordPress plugin might seem like an innocent thing if you are looking for something to spice up the appearance of your site’s commenting system; however, Hello Dolly doesn’t just provide visual enhancements – it also offers spamming features that can make life difficult for any business running WordPress with this plugin installed on their sites.
Hello Simpsons Chalkboard Gag is more than capable enough to replace the need for Hello Dolly in almost every single area.
Hello Dolly plugin doesn’t do anything to make the commenting system more effective or exciting for your users, and Hello Simpson Chalkboard Gag has all of these features.
Hello Dolly provides a large variety of things that can be done with just one click on the screen; however, most people don’t know how to use this feature correctly, which leaves them frustrated when they are trying to find out what it does in general.
The only practical thing Hello Dolly WordPress Plugin offers is an ability to enable comment moderation within posts – but even that’s not secure because spammers will get through anyway! WordPress blogs should have spam protection built into their systems so you won’t need plugins like Hello Dolly ever again.